How to change a flat tireNov 8th, 2021
Finch Nissan's Service Tips & Tricks
We know you’re busy, which is why getting a flat tire can be a major pain. With our simple guide, you can change your flat and get back to your day quickly.
How to Switch a Tire in 5 Steps
When it comes time for to change a tire on your Nissan vehicle, you first need to make sure you have the right gear. A spare tire, a jack, wheel wedges, and a lug wrench, are the tools you’ll need so if you have those, you’re ready to go! Make sure you’re in a safe place like a side street or a parking lot, and then follow these steps to change a flat tire:
- Secure the wheel wedges against the tires on the opposite side of the flat tire.
- Remove the hubcap or wheel cover and loosen the lug nuts.
- Place the jack under your car and expand it until your flat tire is about 15 centimetres off the ground. You can now unscrew and remove the lug nuts.
- Remove the flat tire, align the spare, and replace the lug nuts, tightening by hand.
- Lower the jack, tighten the lug nuts with the wrench, replace the hubcap, and check the spare tire pressure.
Now that you’ve completed your tire replacement, you’re good to go! If you’re riding on a doughnut tire, rather than a full spare, be sure to take easy roads and make sure to schedule service right away.
Schedule Your Nissan Tire Change at Finch Nissan
Now that you know how to switch a tire, you may also need a full-size tire replacement. If you need assistance with selecting and replacing your tires, checking their tread depth, come see our Service Experts today.